Rioters in Turkey straddle two continents, as Istanbul connects Asia and Europe as much as it bridges past and future. On the Asian side, the Kadikoy district blends classic architecture with mammoth skyscrapers. Also, there are bars, pubs and bazaars for when lunchtime rolls around or if it's time to add another toy to the office collection. When we are on the European side, we visit Taksim Square for a quick cosmopolitan fix.
During work hours, we serve our players from the 12th floor of a towering office building near Kadikoy. We launched here with a Turkish-inspired Tryndamere skin voiced by legendary actor Cihan Unal. League of Legends has emerged as the premier eSports scene in Turkey, driven by our commitment to players and to the growing community. We support them with focused promotions and publishing efforts — including the decision to launch with the first in-game male announcer. Murat Kosova, Turkey's famous basketball and football broadcasting personality, welcomes summoners to the Fields of Justice, and extols their success with his pulse-pounding pentakill call: "beşte beş!"
We're gamers, so we'll jump into League of Legends games at our desks or turn on football matches in the conference room. Sometimes we organize a trading card game night. When we want to combine gaming and football, Rioters'll pop the newest version of FIFA in the console and camp out in the office until the tournament is over.
With all of the traveling from Europe to Asia and back again, we get used to being in our cars for an hour or two at a time. But when we can go together, a small rabble of rousers, it's a hell-of-a-lot more fun. We’ve gone to premieres of new movies all dressed as James Bond, or hit up the Kadikoy bar street decked out in Riot attire.
Like the city we live in, Riot Games Istanbul calls to those who want to be a part of where we’ve been and where we’re going.
Perks beyond the norm:
- Flexible hours
- Subsidized dinners
- “Show and Tell” stand-ups
- All-company outings (past trips included Las Vegas and a cruise to Mexico)
- Fully-loaded League of Legends account
- Ridiculously cheap vending machine
- Top-of-the-line computers and peripherals
- Constant appearances of random chocolate and fruit basket gifts.
- Company events like early screenings of The Dark Knight Rises and The Avengers
- Submit champion ideas directly to the dudes and dudettes who make 'em real
- Riot Games and League of Legends apparel and promotional items
- Regular tabletop game nights/pizza parties
Rioters are also hooked up with better-than-basic benefits.
Pics from Istanbul: