Wonder what it’d be like to spend a day in the life of a St. Louis Rioter? No matter where you sit, whether at HQ or in an office on the other side of the globe, you’re a Rioter to the core. But each office expresses its riotousness in its own unique way.
Stuart, a Software Engineer in the STL office, gave us an inside look at his corner of Riot:
- 5:30 am: Up! Start coffee, then breakfast for me (eggs) and the cats (cat food). Contemplate exercise.
- 6:30 am: Check the weather. If it's gonna cooperate, bike to work. If not, hop in the car. Either way, it’s eight miles to the office in St. Louis.
- 7:00 am: Get settled. I make another coffee and catch up on email and recent internal wiki edits. What are other people up to lately?
- 7:30 am: I browse through all the new issues that we found testing last night's build. If it looks like I'm responsible for any bugs (which would never happen!), I assign them to myself and start fixing.
- 8:00 am: Get down in it. Grab whatever's on top of the queue and get to work writing code, writing documentation, or doing in-depth research of some new issue – depends on the day.
- 11:00 am: Daily company playtest! Murder my awesome coworkers in game for fun and profit.
- 12:00 pm: Lunch! I love to cook so it's usually leftovers, but sometimes I'll venture out with folks and grab some grub.
- 1:00 pm: Scrum! Time to find out what the rest of the team has been up to over the last 24 hours.
- 1:15 pm: Peeps in Santa Monica are usually in the office and reachable by now, so it is a good time to get some satisfaction from anyone there if needed.
- 1:30 pm: Get back down in it.
- 4:00 pm: Think about headin' home. If I’m biking, I’ll take the long way home through the park, and maybe throw in a lap or two.
- 5:00 pm: Dinner! I'll make something awesome for myself. The cats still get cat food.
- 7:00 pm: Time to go do something. Good concert in town? Movie? Nice night to sit on a patio and have a beer with folks? Or maybe it's a low key read a book or play video games type of night.
- 11:30 pm: ZZzzzzzzzz...