Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
We’re hiring for multiple levels, from associate to lead, so don’t get hung up on the title; we’re all about the team.
As part of the Visual Design team, your creativity, leadership, passion, and perseverance will combine with your skill set to help you imagine and create top-tier work that delights and connects with players. Our team works with multiple teams across the studio helping to generate scalable yet readable interface elements for League of Legends and other Riot Games content including Esports, Creative Development, Riot Merch, R+D, and more. Your ability to communicate clearly and build consensuses is the glue that holds this varied group together as you form and implement creative concepts and strategies designed to exceed expectations and crush team goals.
- A creative powerhouse: whether you're a master illustrator and painter, an ace with Photoshop and similar 2D programs, or you've mastered creatively conceptualizing digital experiences; either way, you possess exceptional aesthetic judgment with a keen eye for light, color, value, form, typography, and composition; you’ve proven your success developing and maintaining style guides or visual design pattern libraries and understand how to implement those brand standards
- A clear communicator: you know how to explain high-level concepts in plain English, whether you’re talking to a packed house or firing off a quick email
- Humbitious: you let your work speak for itself; your engaging online portfolio illustrates the diversity of your skills and talent, and you’re eager to add more work to your collection
- Multimedia-savvy: your enthusiasm for all things digital has ingrained in you a deep understanding of how to harness web technology to create awesome online experiences, engage players in a variety of ways both in and out of game
- Collaborative: you're comfortable working alongside teams of artists, programmers and designers and are open to feedback, both giving and receiving; you enjoy helping grow the skills of junior designers and recognize that mentoring is a two-way street that you love driving on
- A team captain: for our leadership roles, you’re comfortable setting goals, motivating your team through mentorship, identifying opportunities for support, and guiding your team toward success; by building a team and leading by example, you’ll help define Riot and League of Legends in and around the game
- Develop, detail, and communicate brand standards, style guides, and visual design systems on various projects; help create engaging, usable, and effective visual design solutions to achieve player-focused goals and business objectives
- Drive and evolve the aesthetic quality of creative material including in-game UI, game menus, web pages, application interfaces, advertising campaigns, web and video content, email campaigns, mobile, and corporate branding materials
- Help build an extended creative team, including freelancers and agencies to augment in-house capabilities when needed
- Assess and manage Riot’s visual design needs, actively identifying opportunities and implementing ideas for tactical improvements that maximize teamwork and successful outcomes, and validating the effectiveness of visual designs through research and usability studies by partnering with UX researchers and others on the User Experience and Creative teams
- Foster an open creative environment where teammates collaborate to help each other create better work through honest criticism and feedback
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter, as well as a link to your portfolio. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.