Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 32 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
Riot Games currently has a great opportunity for an Audio Director. The Audio Director will focus on defining and improving the audio experience of League of Legends across an expanding scope of features while helping the audio team achieve its full potential as a department and individuals.
The ideal candidate should have proven experience in audio creation, implementation and defining the technical needs of an audio engine, but exhibit a passion to move into a leadership and mentoring role. They should be able to effectively articulate the goals and value of audio both within the department and across the company. Candidates need to have good oral advocacy, a strong work ethic, an extremely positive attitude and a passion to push the boundaries of video game audio with player value in mind.
- Develop and build upon a world class audio department
- Create and execute an organizational plan for the audio department across multiple projects
- Develop methodologies for continuous improvement across the department
- Work with the team to define an effective audio style and execution within projects
- Experience managing vendors and setting up budgets and schedules with outside resources
- Be the advocate for the audio department and ensure it has all the necessary resources to create a AAA experience
- Define and advocate for the audio tech needed to create the best possible experience for players
- Proactively identify and define ways to improve the audio experience in League of Legends across a growing spectrum of features
- Work with the audio team and across disciplines to clearly define department goals and articulate those goals on a companywide level
- Act as a mentor for other members of the audio team, helping them achieve their full potential while guiding them on their career paths
- Lead by example to provide both motivation and inspiration to other team members
- 6+ years working on audio for AAA titles
- 3+ years as a leader in the field of audio for video games
- Experience as a lead or director with proven leadership and mentoring results
- Proven experience with and a strong understanding of the entire audio process, including sound effects, voice over, music, middleware implementation and audio system tech
- Experience with implementation toolsets such as FMOD and Wwise
- The experience and knowledge to communicate effectively across disciplines and departments
- A passion for video games and the role that audio plays in player experience
- A strong willingness to share personal experience, knowledge and insight with other members of the team
- Experience with MOBA and/or RTS style games
- A passion for League of Legends and the community that surrounds it
Hit the "Apply" button and submit your resume (with a link to your online portfolio) and cover letter.