Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Recently named the most played PC game in the world, over 32 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As Communications Guru, you’ll be the behind-the-scenes logistician of Riot's Ministry of Culture and Propaganda. Your knack for detail, organizational know-how, and fanatical sense of fun will all come into play as you manage the living guano out of the team's projects.
- Supremely systematic: you always be knolling; whether you're working in matrix or meatspace, your emails and calendars are sorted and color-coded to ensure that tasks aren't just completed, they're curbstomped
- Professionally dexterous: where others juggle a few plates, you juggle the whole buffet; from research to project management to stakeholder management, you're game for all of it, sometimes all at once
- Hungry to learn: you've developed serious skills in school or on the job, but thirst for more; you enjoy tackling challenges for their learning opportunities, and know when to pummel a problem solo and when to recruit expert backup
- Technologically adept: maybe it's your untouchable score in Ribbon Hero, or your ability to navigate Excel pivot tables without a mouse, or your ability to write a Perl script to knock out a repetitive task—whatever the case, you're fairly pro at com-pu-tor stuff
- Culturally astute: you’re a native gamer and denizen of the Interwebs who can scope out the trends, memes, threads, and tropes relevant to Rioters and players
- Organize team projects, tasks, and schedules and generally pitch in where needed
- Collaborate with a variety of Rioters to refine and publish targeted messaging, assist with media inquiries, and maintain and develop productive relationships with important partners
- Proactively take on meaty projects of your own, delivering value that exceeds stakeholder and player expectations
Along with your resume and cover letter include detailed write-ups of three projects you’ve personally overseen, including approaches taken and outstanding results achieved.