Desktop Support Manager
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 32 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
Riot Games is looking for a hands-on Desktop Support Manager to join our world class IT department, leading the desktop support team in Dublin. This position will provide, under limited supervision, technical support of corporate computers, in a network environment, including the delivery, installation and setup of such systems for the end-user.
Duties include managing and prioritizing department workload, mentoring department staff, hands-on support of installation of approved software as well as the diagnostics of basic hardware and software problems encountered by the end-users and the maintenance of all equipment in good working order.
- Respond to user tickets regarding hardware and software problems, correcting or ensuring that problems are escalated when required
- Manage and prioritize department workload
- Communicate with users and senior management of key problem statuses
- Perform hands-on repair of equipment and maintenance/installation of computing infrastructure
- Maintain and troubleshoot all hardware associated with end-user computing, including printers, workstations, switches, print servers, etc.
- Support implementation and ongoing support of VoIP telephony solution
- Implement continuous improvement methodology through the use of IT systems or procedure
- Maintain inventory of system assets
- Ensure compliance with corporate standards and security policies
- Additional responsibilities will include: printer maintenance, end user documentation and training, computer moves and deployments, and additional duties as assigned
- Strong customer-service skills as well as strong written and verbal communication skills
- 2+ years supporting users on Macintosh OS 10.4 and higher; Strong Mac skills preferred
- 7+ years supporting users in Microsoft Windows environment
- Experience in VoIP telephony setup and troubleshooting
- Experience with Windows and Macintosh versions of the Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Products
- Basic networking, LAN / WAN skills
- Problem solving/decision making skills including conflict and first call resolution
- Ability to lift 35-60 lbs, primarily computer equipment from floor to desk
- Previous employment in entertainment, web/online, video game, post production, media, or advertising very helpful
- Familiarity with League of Legends a plus
- Experience supporting A/V and presentation systems a plus
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume with Desktop Support Manager (Dublin) | Name in the subject line