Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most-played online PC game in the world, over 11 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As Development Manager, you’ll ensure development teams and processes improve and grow, never sacrificing quality for results. You’ll work to find the right solutions, blast through development snafus, and streamline processes for every team member. Through servant leadership and team building, you’ll foster an open, transparent development environment that keeps stakeholders in the loop through proactive reporting and effective cross-team chat.
- Educated and experienced: you’ve earned your bachelor’s or have equal XP working with teams in Agile environment as a Producer, Project Manager, ScrumMaster or Development Manager, reliably delivering value to teams and players
- Dev savvy: you’re fluent in—and an avid advocate of—development best practices, including Scrum, Kanban and Lean Product Management; with your process steward’s toolbox in hand, you take a holistic view of the product development lifecycle and adapt process and apply tools accordingly
- Detail-oriented: you look at projects under a microscope, methodically dissecting their DNA to ensure that no detail has been overlooked; you communicate your findings precisely and efficiently and with zero room for misunderstandings, whether you’re giving a presentation or shooting off a quick email
- Self-motivated: you meet challenges with gusto, taking initiative to assume responsibilities and writing the instruction manual where none exists; impossible is your favorite kind of possible
- A motivational mentor: you keep teams focused on results, growth and actionable feedback; you’re emotionally attuned to others and are open about your own feelings, which helps you resolve conflicts quickly, comfortably, and respectfully
- A gamer: your passion for videogames is what drove you to the industry; you love games and take play seriously, and that’ll help you make player-focused decisions every day
- Identify key software development performance metrics to speed up the development process and refine development practices utilizing your experience with agile methodologies
- Lead team and cross-team improvements by pinpointing problem areas, determining key software and game development performance metrics, and creating tools to track, maintain and communicate
- Use JIRA Agile and Confluence to establish software and game development schedules using Agile estimation and planning, facilitating daily stand ups as ScrumMaster for one or more development teams
- Create transparency and predictability via story mapping, roadmaps, sprint plans, burn-downs, value stream maps and release summary reports
- Define a mission statement, strategies, best practices and KPIs for the development management track
- Click the button below and don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.