Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most-played online PC game in the world, over 32 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As eCommerce Manager, you’ll be a driving force in ensuring that the store is easy to use and full of enticing sales and offers that our players are excited to participate in. You’ll develop, prioritize, and drive numerous initiatives aimed at increasing player value and satisfaction across the global community. You’ll also guide the creation of analyses and models that help us learn more about what items our players like to buy, so we can make savvy eCommerce decisions aimed at bringing players the kind of content and promotions they want.
- Educated: your raw talent is backed up by a Bachelor’s Degree from a top-tier university; having an MBA under your belt wouldn’t hurt either
- Experienced: you bring at least three years of experience in gaming or eCommerce with a proven ability to understand the wants and needs of your audience; you have a history of driving initiatives that meet and exceed player desires
- A strategic listener: you know that a great idea can come from anywhere, and you always keep an open mind to new thoughts and suggestion; you’re able to strategically sift through multiple opinions and viewpoints to reveal valuable nuggets of insight
- Critically discerning: you can spot the needles of critical information in our giant haystack of player data, and use them to create help you build well-informed eCommerce initiatives that bring the players what they’re looking for
- Analytically oriented: you’re proficient with the tools of the trade; you weigh multiple quantitative and qualitative factors to make knowledgeable eCommerce decisions
- An equipped communicator: you effectively convert data into reports and presentations that clearly illustrate opportunities and outline risks; you communicate easily in the most appropriate medium, be it email, hallway conversation, or smoke signals
- A team leader: you set aggressive goals for your team and motivate everyone to pull together and achieve them; you celebrate successes as a team, but take responsibility as the lead when things don’t go according to plan
- Player-focused: you’re a passionate League of Legends player and you’ve been a PC gamer since the day you could lift a mouse; you use your personal understanding of the game experience to make decisions with the player in mind
- Use metrics and analysis to predict the potential resource cost, business impact, and (most importantly) player reaction to proposed global eCommerce initiatives
- Lead the eCommerce team formulating new projects and driving them to completion; evaluate the success of eCommerce initiatives and use what you learn to improve future endeavors
- Guide the development of models and analyses to inform strategic eCommerce decisions and provide insight to other Rioters; work closely with team members in offices across the globe to establish best practices on a worldwide scale
- Work with cross-functional teams on eCommerce initiatives that give players the opportunity to snag great deals on awesome content
- Keep the company heading in the right direction by delivering clear, compelling presentations that align our eCommerce priorities