Esports Player Relations Coordinator
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 32 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As Esports Player Relations Coordinator, you’ll be ambassador to professional League of Legends players. You’ll embed yourself in the center of the pro scene and act as Riot’s eyes and ears to gauge pro player sentiment, gather information and bring their concerns and insight to the right Rioters’ attention. You’ll help set up teams’ travel, accommodations, schedules, promo shoots and more. When a team’s manager has a problem they can’t solve solo or a pro player won’t make a match, you’ll spring into action and remove the wrenches that inevitably get thrown in the works.
- An esports fanatic: your passion for League of Legends and esports goes way beyond the game and you know your Doublelifts from your Voyboys, meticulously analyzing every pro match, tournament and team to keep current with the LoL competitive scene; you’ll earn bonus points if you’ve got experience modding esports forums or acting as a community manager
- Even-keeled: even though you’re a diehard esports fan, you’re able to temper your enthusiasm and not play favorites; you know esports’ and League of Legends’ reputation hinges on fair, competitive play, so you firmly and respectfully enforce rules and set boundaries
- Motivated and flexible: you’re not hindered by strange hours or the prospect of faraway destinations and you’re beyond stoked to overcome any challenges that block your path; when the red phone rings in the middle of the night you’re ready to help pro teams at a moment’s notice
- An outgoing communicator: your inviting and positive demeanor puts players at ease when solving their pressing issues or answering important questions; your good vibes translate through any medium including email, Twitter, Facebook, hallway conversation or in-game chat
- Organized: others throw around a few plates, but you juggle the entire buffet without dropping a morsel; when new tasks come in hot or timelines shift, you can quickly reorient yourself and prioritize pressing needs
- Act as Riot’s ambassador to the pro League of Legends scene, gather feedback from the pros related to emerging issues, competitive events, games, rules, news and features and report back to the right Rioters
- Proactively monitor the pro scene to identify issues as they crop up and raise red flags when problems appear
- Liaise between pro teams and various teams at Riot to schedule promo shoots, games, travel, accommodations; shift schedules and priorities when plans change at a moment’s notice
- Respond to pro players’ and managers’ pressing questions in a timely manner, doing whatever it takes so the show goes on
- Evangelize Riot’s vision for what esports is capable of becoming and promote a positive, fair and respectful community of pro players
- Click the button below and don't forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.