Esports Shoutcaster (EU)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 32 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As EU Shoutcaster (EU), your informative and entertaining insight into professional League of Legends competitions will light up on-air broadcasts and off-air written content. Drawing on your gaming experience and sprinkling in your unique personality, you’ll either drop knowledge bombs as color commentary or bring order to chaotic team fight play-by-play. Of course, you’ll spin intriguing tales for hours if no one stops you, but you can wield the pen as ruthlessly as your rapier-like wit, slicing through the chaff to get to the wheat of written content. Whether in Cologne, Beijing or anywhere else LoL tournaments come alive, you’re equipped to educate and entertain.
- An on-air personality: you’re as charismatic casting for an audience of millions as you are narrating your buddies’ basement board game nights; you add flavor that’s more filet mignon than Salisbury steak to any broadcast
- A sports fan: whether it’s Premier League, Formula 1, Cricket, Rugby, or the World Mountain Bike Bog Snorkeling Championships, you enjoy watching different kinds of sports and understanding the nuances that drive fans to love them
- Crazy for LoL: your passion for League of Legends and esports goes beyond the game; you know your LCS from your LPL and you meticulously follow every pro match, tournament and team to keep current with the global LoL competitive scene
- A team player: while you’re comfortable flying solo, you're better with a team joining you in the fray
- Travel-ready: you love to travel and don’t even believe in jet lag, so you’re ready to hop a plane whenever you need to cover any event; you’re prepared to uproot for a while to support long-term esports initiatives wherever they might happen
- Deliver a compelling and exciting LCS broadcasts along with written content on a weekly basis for lolesports.com
- Delve into pro LoL teams across global leagues, augmenting your previous knowledge with in-depth research
- Help construct a weekly narrative for each matchup being broadcast
- Give and receive actionable feedback during weekly team-review sessions
- Ensure consistent brand messaging and clear communications across all media, including web content, broadcast and social media
Click the button below and don’t forget to include a resume specifically for either color or play-by-play, a video demo featuring your shoutcasting and a pretty picture of your smiling mug.