Esports Web Content Manager
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As Esports Web Content Manager, your maniacal passion for sports, gaming, and competition will help set the tone for one of the largest esports communities in the world. You’ll capably coach your team while also being ready to launch half-court shots at the buzzer, taking calculated risks if it means a chance for your team to win. Your commitment to clear communication will gel with your management experience and love of competition as you produce the best content in League of Legends esports for every player, from the fiercest fans to the freshest noobs.
- An experienced mentor: bring at least five years’ experience managing online web content and mentoring teams that create high-scoring content for online consumption
- An editor: you’ve got a background in editing that will help you punch up news articles and create esports features with more depth and detail than players have seen before
- The coach: hard work and hard hours invigorate you; you’ll be calling plays to the huddle, leading teams by example with the goal of turning detailed analysis into rock-solid features
- A sports junkie: the spirit of competition is king and you are the crown prince; you understand and share a sports fan’s obsession
- Player-focused: whether you’re a hardcore ranked dynamo or a rank tryo, you will present players with the most triumphant plays, the Hail Mary Baron steals, and the news and analysis they crave
- Web tech-head: content management systems are your home-court advantage (Drupal CMS is a plus); you’ll find new ways to engage players on every platform from traditional video to non-traditional social outlets
- Lead the team responsible for all LoL esports coverage, coordinating esports content editorials, video production, and articles; as a third-party guru, coordinate with third-party content producers and keep tabs on third-party community events, tournaments, and more
- Use petabytes of data and metrics to brainstorm the future of esports and player interaction and help build new avenues for esports coverage and content distribution
- Destroy any and all barriers between players and the League of Legends professional circuit; you will make competitive LoL accessible to a massive global audience
- Coordinate globally with coordinators and content producers in North America, Europe, Asia and emerging countries to provide the best coverage and content possible for the players
- Click the button below and don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.