Events QA Analyst
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most-played online PC game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As Events QA Analyst, you are the human shield between players worldwide and any fun-sucking live issues that could unexpectedly strike during Riot’s live events. Working closely with the Development and Release teams to understand the technical nuances of each build, you’ll ensure each patch and deploy is player-ready. Alongside the Live Rioters, you’re the tracker who keeps a bead on live issues spanning global regions, then doles out the hit-lists to their respective teams to take them out. And at events around the world and on the spot—at trade shows, conventions, tournaments, and more—you’ll be on constant lookout, testing and troubleshooting builds and leaping to action should a bug rear its ugly head.
- A matrix-battle veteran: you’re an experienced bug-hunter with some solid QA experience under your belt; we’ll tally up some bonus points if you’ve supported live events in any capacity
- A first responder: you don’t wait to be asked—you’re already en route to the crisis scene when the rest of the team has just gotten the alert, ready to plunge in on your own to make sure it’s handled cleanly and efficiently
- A spontaneous strategist: you’re a critical thinker who outwits and outplays tricky issues, taking them out with intelligence and tenacity—and quickly MacGyvering workarounds for any unexpected issues
- Mentally flexible: you broke free of the chains confining you to your desk long ago and you think on your feet; you’re constantly seeking new challenges to tackle, yet you’ve never found yourself in a situation so sticky you couldn’t peel yourself free
- Painstakingly precise: you’re as meticulous as a master detective and twice as observant; there’s not a build error, deploy malfunction or errant bug that escapes your notice
- A ray of social sunshine: your naturally friendly demeanor brightens any conference room, and you can seamlessly work with Rioters from every team and office to aid you in the relentless pursuit of bug-smashing
- A globe-hopper: the world is your playground, and you’ve got the packed passport and ready-to-roll suitcase to show it; you might have even picked up a foreign tongue or two on your international excursions
- Player-focused: you’re not just a passionate League of Legends player: you’re a lifelong gamer and eSports enthusiast who never misses a livestream; you’ll do whatever it takes to ensure that gaming and spectating experiences are as hiccup-free as possible for both players and viewers
- Coordinate with the Development and Release teams to learn everything about each build in progress, then work with the teams involved to troubleshoot all discovered issues
- Work with the Live Production and esports teams to ensure deploys and patch releases go out without a hitch, and be the initial reporter on any subsequent live issues
- Provide on- and off-site support for live Riot events around the world
- Scour the forums, fansites and other communities to monitor esports tournaments and other Riot events
- Keep track of, dive into, and necessarily escalate any issues witnessed during live events
- Click the button below and don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.