General Manager (Merchandising & Franchise Development)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 32 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As General Manager (Merchandising & Franchise Development), you will be the architect and builder of our Creative Licensing team, holding a high level of responsibility for supplementing in-game player experience and creating new revenue streams by developing and introducing Riot IP licensed products and services to our devoted players. Your proven record of marketing ingenuity and your deep understanding of player needs will help you identify and pursue licensing opportunities, introducing Riot and League of Legends as global brands that are part of each player’s experience, beyond the Fields of Justice.
- Educated – you’ve got a bachelor’s degree on your list of accolades or the equivalent real-world experience; an MBA from a top-tier school earns you bonus points
- Experienced – you bring at least 5 years of experience in product development or brand management, managing or imagining large-scale licensing and merchandising projects, ideally in the gaming, entertainment or toy industries
- Leadership material – you know how to recognize, nurture and enable top talent, distributing the wealth of responsibility, while simultaneously owning all team projects
- Business-savvy – you have a marketing sixth sense, easily identifying and evaluating partnerships and licensing opportunities; you know the path not taken might lead to El Dorado or, at least to totally awesome player experiences
- Player-focused – a player yourself, you know games, the people who play them and the swag they crave
- Creative – though your blood flows Riot red, you’ve got the imagination and strategic mind to create a true blue ocean of opportunity for Riot IPs
- Enhance player experience, increase brand awareness and cultivate new revenue streams by imagining and developing a breadth of Riot IP licensed products and services to be introduced globally
- Create and execute detailed business plans and strategies to bring Riot-quality products to players worldwide; anything you imagine is fair game, whether forging unique distribution partnerships or building an online destination for Riot swag
- Recruit and develop a team of top-talent industry professionals and work with other Riot teams to bring your branding strategies to life
- Manage new and existing Riot licensing projects, developing and improving product lines, promoting new initiatives, and forging relationships with product vendors, licensees and retailers
- Identify and pursue worthwhile licensing partnerships; you’re data driven, analyzing and interpreting market trends for player needs
- Click the button below and don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.