International Publishing Intern
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 32 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
Intern with the International Publishing team:
The International Publishing team delivers localized content and engages players around the globe. We’re responsible for continuously leveling up the game experience with player-focused marketing, community management, local events and other awesome initiatives for international regions.
We’re looking for graduate students and rising college seniors who’re fluent in at least two languages (bonus points for Spanish) and excellent communicators (hallway conversation, email, sticky notes, smoke signals and all that). As an International Publishing intern, you may:
- Manage multiple communication channels, ensuring that the right people see the right info at the right time
- Sync and coordinate multiple project timelines between different stakeholders
- Foster collaboration between multiple regional and central stakeholders
- Keep consistent contact with international teams to better embed international context within your day-to-day projects
- Enable the ideation and execution of global publishing initiatives with market research, data analyses and collaborative efforts alongside local and central teams
- Please read through the internship page before applying. It includes uber helpful information that’ll increase your chances at landing the gig.
- Your application must include a cover letter and resume. In your application pitch, share your summoner name and experience withLeague of Legends, why you’re interested in Riot, what you want to learn and what we can learn from you. Help us understand why you're right for this team by sharing what you've done that's truly above and beyond and how that may relate to this internship opportunity. There are 99 ways to impress us, but an average pitch ain't one.
- Please specify whether you’re an undergrad or grad student, what languages you speak (include proficiency level) and whether you have a preference for a LATAM-, EU- or creative-focused role. Also tell us what kinds of projects you're interested in (and would be good at) pursuing during your summer with the team. Please limit your answer to fewer than 150 words.
The application deadline for summer 2014 internships is January 15, 2014. Applications received after this date won't be eligible for a summer 2014 internship. We recognize that a great internship application takes time and effort, so we promise to return the favor of your effort with a response by February 15, 2014.