Player Relations Specialist
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As Player Relations Specialist, you'll work to improve communications between Riot and the global League of Legends community. That community is massive, smart, and diverse, and they have a keen sense of what's right and what's wrong. We aim to do what's right for players, but sometimes the vision for League of Legends can be hard to grasp on the surface from Riot's features, decisions and actions. You'll work with Rioters across the company to help synthesize that vision in a way that as many players as possible see, understand, agree with and advocate for. You're not a typical PR person. You aren't interested in spin. You strive to communicate with a balance of transparency and clarity that's smart, well-crafted and authentic.
- A powerful persuader: you've got the unique capability to get angry mobs to put down the pitchforks and hold hands; you know how to tell players that we're nerfing their favorite champions and convince them it's the right call
- A genuine wordsmith: you have a bulletproof command of the English language, and you choose your words very, very carefully; the prospect of perfecting a message really gets you going
- A perception prophet: you’re a player yourself and a part of the League of Legends community, so you know how players are going to react to any announcement, decision, or game feature; you'll harness your prescience to help us navigate around landmines and finely tune messaging to address all player perspectives
- A player advocate: you know how to translate what players are saying into convincing, data-informed recommendations that'll inspire action from the League of Legends dev team
- A careful strategist: the challenges of communicating for an internationally published game are global in scope; your culturally-aware and player-focused answers to them are precisely aimed because of your ability and willingness to study problems from all angles
- Positively collaborative: you relish a good brainstorm, savor constructive criticism and easily bring team members from various disciplines together to complete projects
- A problem assassin: like a double-0 agent, you use your deadly skills and knowledge to terminate problems with ruthless efficiency; you've proven that you're good under pressure
- Experienced: you’ll be able to draw on at least three years of experience in PR, brand management, community management, journalism or related fields; in that time you’ve worked with international teams to improve communications across multiple cultures and languages
- A veteran summoner: you’re crazy for League of Legends, and play every day, preferably executing the latest pro strats in ranked games; you religiously follow game developments across all of Riot’s news channels
- Work with League of Legends development and publishing teams to oversee and drive messaging and communications plans to ensure we reach, educate and inspire as many players as possible around the world
- Quickly and effectively develop time-sensitive communications plans when there's perception crisis underway (read: put down the pitchforks, pls), and evaluate and report on player sentiment, both for specific communications initiatives, and broader reporting
- Evaluate areas of opportunity where players don't fully understand our vision and develop plans and messages that will change perception for the better
- Develop tools, programs and training that help Rioters engage with the global League of Legends community in a constructive and effective way
- Work with international Riot teams and partners to improve our relationship with players around the world; work towards a future where all League of Legends players are "first-class citizens"
- Click the button below and don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.