PR and Marketing Manager
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 32 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As PR and Marketing Manager (Oceania), you’ll be the jack-of-all-marketing trades responsible for brainstorming and creating marketing campaigns that delight Oceanic players and inspire more gamers to bolster the ranks. Utilizing your veteran industry experience, you’ll help drive public relations and marketing strategy goals across Oceania, while pouring high-octane fuel into the community’s gas tanks. Focusing on player engagement, your combined media senses and communication skills will help you set key Oceanic marketing strategies, wrangle assets and lead fellow Rioters to turn marketing visions into IRL awesomeness.
- Experienced: you’re no stranger to the marketing scene and have spent at least two years in a dedicated PR, marketing or events-related role, preferably in the games industry
- Educated: you’ve earned a college degree in a marketing-related field or have similar experience from the mean marketing streets
- A relationship builder: you’re comfortable working with interdisciplinary teams and revel at the chance to add more peeps to your posse; your elite CRM training enables you to track contacts and measure the success of campaigns
- Data-driven: where others see spreadsheets full of nonsensical numbers, you see patterns, next steps and answers to Marketing’s most pressing questions
- A self-starter: you operate at a power level well above 9,000 and don’t need a jolt to proactively jump on top of tasks
- A gamer: you cut your teeth on a controller and, as a player yourself, you know how to craft relatable, engaging marketing campaigns
- Create and manage PR and marketing campaigns for the entire Oceania region
- Manage the event strategy for the region, gathering input from all teams to gauge the health and success of brand and marketing campaigns
- Own the ad strategy for Oceania, including managing agency relationships
- Work together with various teams to develop key messaging for players
- Estimate marketing budgets and accurately track, manage and report on costs
- Click the button below and don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously. Please also include Oceanic Marketing Manager (Oceania) | Your Name in the subject line.