Production Intern (Graduate level only)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 32 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
Intern with the Production team:
The Production team wrangles Game Development’s creative and technical magic and channels it swiftly and smoothly into players’ hands. We identify requirements across multiple groups, research how to accomplish those requirements and ensure that development teams meet their goals. We’re like elite Demacian commandos, wrapping up missions no matter how challenging and going all-out to contain and solve problems before their influence spreads.
We're looking for MBA students who’ve shamelessly skipped a networking event or beer pong competition in pursuit of first blood on Summoner’s Rift. As a gamer, your dream job’s improving the player experience and delighting players with world-class content and features. As a Production Intern, you may:
- Lead high-powered Riot development teams to create game features, content, tools and technology
- Coordinate with and gather materials from Business, Community, Marketing, Design, Engineering and Art teams to enable effective game development
- Take responsibility for a major feature or business endeavor, such as an international launch
- Facilitate, execute and improve our agile development methodology as either a Product Owner or Scrum Master
- Identify critical path issues and tackle challenging problems using data-driven decision making
- Please read through the internship page before applying. It includes uber helpful information that’ll increase your chances at landing the gig.
- Your application must include a cover letter and resume. In your application pitch, share your summoner name and experience with League of Legends, why you’re interested in Riot, what you want to learn and what we can learn from you. Help us understand why you're right for this team by sharing what you've done that's truly above and beyond and how that may relate to this internship opportunity. There are 99 ways to impress us, but an average pitch ain't one.
The application deadline for summer 2014 internships is January 15, 2014. Applications received after this date won't be eligible for a summer 2014 internship. We recognize that a great internship application takes time and effort, so we promise to return the favor of your effort with a response by February 15, 2014.