Project Manager (IT)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As Project Manager (IT), you’ll work with engineering teams to lead large-scale projects throughout the organization. You’ll draw on your technical expertise to build and execute an ironclad project plan that accomplishes milestones and deliverables, but is flexible enough to allow room for risk and change. Results oriented, you’ll focus on finding the right solution to quickly and efficiently break down barriers for your team when they run into any development snafus. You’ll also foster an open, transparent development environment that keeps stakeholders in the loop through proactive reporting.
- Certifiably educated: you’ve achieved at least a bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, information systems, or engineering; a master’s degree and PMP certification will put you ahead of the curve
- Experienced: in addition to your education, you’re battle-tested in leading ambiguous technical projects ranging from short-duration spikes to large-scale programs; you’re adept at using your tech savvy to build systems that help engineering types stay organized and work efficiently
- Agile enabled: you have experience leading teams in a fast-moving development environment and working with agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban; you’re able to quickly change gears as new requirements emerge and development priorities shift
- A team leader: you maintain a positive, team-oriented attitude that inspires confidence and motivates teammates to meet challenges head-on
- A master tactician: you employ meticulous planning to set ambitious, but attainable goals, and carefully balance short-term solutions with long-term vision; not even the finest detail escapes your notice, and you take every variable into account, including: project scope, scheduling, redundancy planning, risks, and mitigation
- A communications guru: you expertly use project management tools to generate transparent plans and reports, and aren’t afraid to build new tools when the traditional ones don’t fit the bill; you’re got a true open-door policy, and keep your team organized and stakeholders in the loop
- A maniacal gamer: you’re player-focused because you are a player; you’re an active member of many online gaming communities and you’re no stranger to the League of Legends champion select screen
- Manage the project pipeline, including milestones, deliverables, resource matrices and risk mitigation
- Lead and level-up your teams through superior communication and workflow planning; keep the stakeholders, customers, and team members in the know on project status and in-sync with the latest development schedule and priorities – no surprises!
- Drive prioritization and effective execution of strategic objectives
- Facilitate seamless collaboration across multiple technical and non-technical teams, identifying and smashing through blockers to improve process and communication
- Negotiate and manage relationships with vendors as needed
- Click the button below and don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.