Publishing Manager (Japanese Market)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Over 32 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in. As Publishing Manager (Japanese Market), you’ll work closely with the Riot Games Japan team to make optimal strategic publishing decisions and create awesome experiences for Japanese League of Legends players. Your in-depth understanding of Japanese player mentality and awareness of player habits will help you share these important nuances with our headquarters in Santa Monica. Your hunger for solving problems and facing new challenges will serve you well in your communications with Riot Games HQ and global partners.
- Experienced: you’ve honed your analytical skills in business, consulting or investment banking, preferably working in the gaming industry or with gamer types like us
- Educated: you’ve earned a degree in a business-related field (an MBA earns you bonus points); while you are proud of your work in academia, you didn’t stop learning at graduation
- A multilingual communicator: you communicate easily in the most appropriate medium, be it email, hallway conversation or messenger pigeon; you can do so fluently in English and Japanese
- An informed strategist: you know knowledge births strategy, so you make research the foundation of your market plans; you’ve amassed a deep understanding of local video game markets and strategy for your regions
- Data-driven: you’re fluent in the language of data, analyzing and interpreting data and KPIs for Riot Games Japan teams
- A jetsetter: you’re globally minded thanks to your academic or professional experiences abroad; you’ve got the passport stamps to prove it
- Player-focused: a gamer yourself, you enjoy interactive entertainment and prioritize the player in the work you do
- Support Riot Games Japan and Riot Games HQ teams by raising visibility for website, game and user experience issues for Japanese players
- Conduct market research and build strategy plans for initiating and growing Riot Games’ publishing presence in the Japanese market
- Own a strategic international functional discipline, such as Product Marketing, Pricing and Promotions or eSports, and coordinate with other regions to ensure optimal execution
- Manage marketing and business development relationships with global partners that are relevant to the Japanese market
- Help the Country Manager identify and evaluate talent for the local publishing team