Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most-played online PC game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As Quality Assurance Manager, you’ll lead the QA process for all of League of Legends. You’ll work closely with development teams across Riot to ensure they have the resources they need to produce polished, high quality results. A true innovator, you’ll eschew standard QA practices in favor of creative solutions that make use of resources such as technology and automation. You’ll also mentor and coach a team of leads and strategists, enabling them to reach their full potential.
- Educated: you’ve earned at least a bachelor’s degree, preferably in either Business or a technical discipline such as Computer Science
- Experienced: you have between four and six years of experience in either game development or enterprise software QA with proven leadership experience
- A QA omnibus: you have an in-depth understanding of both functional and subjective testing, and are familiar with a variety of testing methodologies, including: compatibility testing, performance testing, unit testing, user research, test driven development, and behavior driven development
- A creative problem solver: you have an uncanny knack for arriving at solutions through unconventional methods and developing a plan to put them into action; you enable your team to explore and leverage the resources at their disposal to solve problems more efficiently
- Tech-savvy: you’re comfortable pushing the boundaries of traditional QA using technology and automation
- A communications black belt: you understand that good teamwork starts with good communication, and encourage your teams to maintain a candid, collaborative environment; you’ve got a true open-door policy that makes you easy to approach
- A team leader: you see the QA Leads and Strategists that you manage as partners rather than subordinates; you’re always focused on improvement and place a strong emphasis on mentorship and coaching
- Agile-enabled: you’re experienced with agile methodologies and know what to expect from a fast-moving development environment; you’re able to turn on a dime to support new initiatives when development priorities shift
- Player-focused: you have a passion for games that drives you to work tirelessly to deliver a high-quality player experience
- Lead the QA process for a large team, including people, process, and support for ongoing game development
- Work with scrum masters, producers, and other leaders from teams across Riot to assess their quality assurance needs and ensure that they have the resources necessary to reach high-quality results
- Work with teams to arrive at better, more-efficient solutions to everyday problems and streamline delivery; support the QA Director and help inform the long term vision of Riot Games Quality Assurance
- Coordinate with vendors to perform black box testing on features that need additional support
- Help mentor and grow the QA Leads and Strategists in charge of individual aspects of League of Legends, guiding them to produce new leaders in turn
- Click the button below and don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.