Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
Riot Games is seeking a Senior Animator for League of Legends.This person will be a veteran game developer and have a thorough understanding of body mechanics and the classic animation principles. Additionally, they must be able to have a strong grasp of animation pipelines. The ideal candidate is both an outstanding animator and can work from high-level direction, possessing strong leadership skills, production-sensibilities, and the talent to produce and implement the highest quality work. One’s demo reel should highlight a variety of walk cycles, a diverse selection of game-related animation, as well as show a strong foundation in the principles of animation (weight, anticipation, impact).
- Create high quality animations for over 90 diverse champions in the ever expanding LoL-universe, including bipeds, quadrupeds, and monsters
- Help the team develop new features and technologies to expand our content pipeline
- Collaborate with designers and artists to create animation assets that fulfill the requirements of the project’s game design and visual design
- Be able to recognize areas of opportunity and help push other animators’ work up to AAA-title-standards
- Perform in a team-oriented environment and use organizational and interpersonal skills on a daily basis
- Consistently meet project deadlines in a timely manner without compromising artistic integrity
- 4+ years of professional animation experience; focus on games a plus
- Has worked on one or more AAA-titles
- Exceptional skills regarding timing, exaggerated posing, and animation texture
- Specialized in keyframe animation
- Extensive knowledge of Maya (preferred) or any other 3D package
- Self-motivated and strong team player
- Knowledge of game specific animation limitations
- Excellent communication, time-management and organizational skills are a must
- Plays and enjoys League of Legends
- Knowledge of modeling, rigging and MEL scripting
- Understanding of interaction between game animation, game design and AI
- Broad background animating different character types and/or creatures
- Passion for video games
- Reel showing off stylized animations (please leave out any mocap animations)
- Knowledge of the video games industry
- Acting experience/willingness to act out animation reference
- Strong ability to prioritize effectively
- Experience directing and/or giving feedback to other animators
- Positive, team-oriented attitude