Senior Flash Animator / Designer
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As Senior Flash Animator / Designer, you’ll concept and give life to projects for Riot Games and League of Legends. Your technical skills and keen aesthetic eye for motion and story will help you transform static application for League of Legends into dynamic masterpieces that inspire before players hit the battlefield.
- Experienced: you bring at least four years’ experience working with animation and development, so you’re pro at Flash, Actionscript 3, After Effects, Photoshop and probably earned badges in web design, UX, and storyboarding; your experience has graced you with awareness and understanding of story driven interaction to evoke emotion
- Technically skilled: you could teach a master class on immersive interactive applications; you develop synergy between animation and design. You will output deliverables using advanced optimization techniques that prioritize performance.
- Artistic: you inform design with your motion approach and could deliver design aesthetic to visualize your ideas. You’re comfortable collaborating, giving and receiving constructive and creative feedback
- Problem assassin: you conduct problem reconnaissance and termination with the skill and ruthlessness of Agent 007; you’re an expert at root cause analysis, and problems fall swiftly under the sharp edge of your keen intellect
- Productive and motivated: as a gamer yourself, you know the importance of creating artwork that leads to more beautiful game experiences; though your art's awesomeness commands attention, you'd never let art upstage the holistic player experience
- Player-focused: as a gamer yourself, you know the importance of creating artwork that leads to more beautiful game experiences; though your art's awesomeness commands attention, you'd never let art upstage the holistic player experience
- Own the animation and development of storytelling experiences like the Spirit Guard Udyr motion comic
- Breathe life into the world of League of Legends by adding motion to static design in order to realize your vision of the ultimate experience
- Work closely with artists, designers and engineers to create conceptually sound motion graphics and visual effects that level-up the player experience and complement existing League of Legends aesthetics
- Define how elements within projects will interact, build, transition and function from the concept stage on up
- Give and receive constructive and creative feedback across involved teams
- Click the button below and don’t forget to include a demo reel along with your resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice creative application materials that show us you take play seriously.