Senior Game Designer
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 32 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As our new Senior Game Designer you are an experienced, well-rounded, designer with expertise in multiple sub-disciplines of design or mastery of a focused design sub-discipline. The ideal candidate will be an intelligent and critical thinker, with a deep passion for game design, who enjoys helping others improve their craft.
- Lead moderate-sized game design initiatives, such as new features, or major system overhauls. Regularly act as “lead designer” for small and medium projects for League of Legends or other unannounced projects
- Work closely with designers, engineers, artists and producers to design, tune and implement various aspects of League of Legends and/or unannounced projects
- Write proposals for new game systems and other design initiatives
- Lead and/or mentor other designers
- Additional design and implementation responsibilities depending on assigned role within the team
- Gather, acknowledge, and respond to internal feedback, adjusting design as necessary
- Ensure all content produced can be easily updated by other designers
- As an experienced game design professional you require no oversight in performing most tasks
- 4+ years of professional game development experience as a game designer OR you are a recognized leader in a major design sub-discipline in a launched AAA-quality title
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience. We further value candidates with graduate degrees and/or top tier university pedigree
- Must have demonstrated mastery in one major area of game design, or expertise across multiple sub-disciplines (systems, content, creative, eSports)
- Widely played, especially with online games, with the ability to articulate what is strong/weak about the design of existing games
- Expansive knowledge of League of Legends. You should have a level 20+ summoner
- An analytical mind, strong problem solving & critical thinking skills. An ideal candidate will be of high intelligence while still possessing an intensely pragmatic streak
- We value but don’t require a strong technical / programming /engineering background. We also value experience with scripting languages and designer tools
- Must have excellent organization and communication (verbal & written) skills
- A positive attitude
- Must pass a background check
- Click the button below and don't forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
U.S. work authorization is not required upon application as we are able to assist with related expenses once hired if eligible according to the requirements of the Department of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.