Senior Systems Engineer
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As Senior System Engineer, you’ll be part of a team building a high performance and accessible game service infrastructure supporting players. With a power level well over 9000, you’ll put your experience to work transforming mundane systems into massive data grids. You’ll help development teams design and implement production and development environments and address system needs in new and creative ways that go beyond traditional infrastructure methods.
- Tech spectacular: with at least a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and several years of scripting experience, you’ve returned from the jungle of entry-level tech with a broad range of system technology knowledge; you’re pro with Linux operating systems
- Up to code: you’ve installed all the most recent updates, keeping your mental drivers up-to-date with shell, awk, perl, and php scripting; you’ve worked with distributed caching solutions and data grids in the past, so you’re familiar with the core concepts of object oriented programming
- Adaptable: you’re the apex predator of the tech world, able to rapidly change direction when priorities shift, stay focused on the most relevant prey and evolve to take it down; experience working with agile methodologies like Scrum will put you ahead of the curve
- Player-focused: you love playing videogames, so you know that one of the worst feelings in the world is discovering that the server’s down; you’ll strive to keep the League of Legends infrastructure humming, so that doesn’t happen
- Develop and deliver creative solutions that’ll automate systems engineer functions
- Help troubleshoot and solve issues with hardware, applications and network components
- Collaborate with a team of developers on local projects and with teams across international boundaries for larger releases
- Evaluate and implement hardware and software technologies to improve game efficiency and performance
You have a broad range of system engineering and build engineering experience, including the following:
- Distributed caching solutions and data grids, specifically oracle coherence, memcache, and riak
- Familiarity with Netfilter, HA – LVS, Apache (httpd, tomcat, activeMQ), Nginx, PXE, snmp, dns, dhcp/bootp, nfs
- Monitoring (nagios, cacti, zabbix)
- A working knowledge of OpenCompute platform, CentOS, Windows Server, Chef (OpsCode), MySQL, Coherence, J2EE, or Ruby
- Click the button below and don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.