Senior Systems Engineer
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 32 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
Currently, we have a great opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer in our St. Louis office.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining a high performance, highly available game service infrastructure spanning multiple datacenters and territories.
- Responsible for maintaining development environment built with virtualization technologies.
- Responsible for improving deploy processes of the game platform in both production and development. Improve the efficiency of building and deploying large number of systems.
- Create innovate solution to do automated configuration management (Chef/Puppet) of a large number of systems. Use scripting or programming languages like shell, Perl, Python or Ruby for implementing scripts that help automate tasks.
- Investigate, improve and maintain existing performance monitoring and alerting of game platform and the systems to improve their efficiency and reduce downtime.
- Design and implement disaster recovery procedures. Participate in on-call rotation and help with daily troubleshooting issues of the game platform, servers and network.
- Must be a self-starter and take initiative with little direction
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Requires a positive, team-oriented attitude
- Passion for the gaming industry
- Must have played LoL and be intimately familiar with the ins and outs of the game
- Click the button below and don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.