Senior User Experience Designer
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As Senior User Experience Designer, you’ll work with other senior UX leadership to shape Riot’s overall UX strategy. You’ll collaborate with your fellow Rioters to build best practices backed by meticulous research and guide UX Designers on interdisciplinary projects to establish a holistic, consistent player experience. Your collaborative and interpersonal skills will help you build relationships with stakeholders throughout the company, establishing a strong UX vision and evangelizing player experience design. You’ll also push UX boundaries by exploring the latest emerging trends and designing experiments aimed at discovering innovative solutions.
- Experienced: you’ve earned your bachelor’s in Computer Science or Management Information Systems and bring at least two years of experience as a Senior UX Designer or User Experience Consultant; or you’ve got four years of experience as a Senior UX Designer or User Experience Consultant
- A UX pro: you’re no stranger to wireframe production, process flows development, journey mapping, system architecture auditing and design, business process auditing, design and implementation, and user requirements analysis
- A design maverick: you’re fluent in UXD best practices and have the critical thinking skills to know when it’s time to defenestrate them in favor of something unorthodox; in other words, you know the rules and know when to break them
- An influential trailblazer: you’re a thought leader inside and outside your discipline, and when you’re not facilitating design efforts, you’re evangelizing
- Player-focused: you use a combination of research and your understanding of gamer culture to empathize with players and develop strategies and best practices tailored to their needs
- Drive the user experience, human-computer interaction direction of end-to-end software applications’ user and game player solutions and discover opportunities for further research, improvement and innovation
- Define and implement standards that help the company create a consistent, quality experience for its players across all software application/game products
- Facilitate the user experience design process within cross-functional teams, including software engineers and business development managers in order to resolve business and user experience issues
- Design and audit system architecture and business processes
- Educate and evangelize the importance of human-computer interaction challenges and opportunities, user feedback, journey mapping and data-driven decisions in designing the end-to-end user experience
- Work with user experience stakeholders to elicit, understand and codify requirements
- Create user interface wireframes and user flows, ensuring that iterative feedback is incorporated into the software application and game development process
- Click the button below and don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.