Senior Web Developer
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 32 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As Senior Web Developer, you’ll collaborate with teams across Riot to create solutions to their web development needs. We’ve got one of the fastest growing games in the world, and you’ll help build scalable, efficient back-end to web technology that can keep pace with the growing community. You’ll support front-enddevelopers building new player-facing features, and improve the efficiency of existing systems such as the web platform, in game store, and LeagueOfLegends.com. You’ll also provide technical direction for the web team, and offer advice and guidance to less experienced teammates.
- A database guru: you’re pro with database systems such as MySQL; experience with NoSQL solutions such as Redis, MongoDB, and Riak is a definite plus.
- A technical tester: you know the ins and outs of regression, acceptance, functional, and load testing, and are comfortable working with automated test utilities such as Behat, Mink, Selenium, PHPUnit, Jmeter and Jenkins.
- Agile enabled: you have experience with agile methodologies and leading teams in a fast-moving development environment; you’re able to quickly change gears as new requirements emerge and development priorities shift.
- A mentor: you keep a tweed jacket and professor’s cap in your locker and are always ready to offer some sage advice to a fellow team member; experience leading a development team will earn you some bonus point.
- Work with teams across Riot to assess their needs and develop scalable solutions that meet them, especially when they’re related to the in-game store, webplatform, and League of Legends website
- Juggle many time-sensitive deadline while maintaining focus on results and quality, not hours invested
- Help mentor other members of the web team by providing technical direction and establishing technology standards and best practices
- Measure software performance and help optimize back-end systems
You have a broad range of experience with web technologies, possibly including a few of the following:
- HTTP lifecycle and REST
- PHP frameworks such as Symfony 2
- Modern build and deploy practices
- Don't forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.