Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As System Administrator, you’ll be part of a team building the highest performance, most accessible game service infrastructure imaginable, supporting League of Legends in south-east Asia. With a power level well over 9000, you’ll supercharge mundane systems into world-conquering data grids. You’ll help development teams design and implement production and development environments and address local region system needs in new and creative ways.
As a Taipei Rioter, you’ll join a smaller team of Rioters in one of the most dynamic and fast-growing League of Legends regions in the world. As a part of a team that shares our maniacal passion for gaming, prioritization of player experience and rejection of convention, you’ll work alongside our partner in the region to help shape Riot’s player-focused future in Southeast Asia.
- Tech spectacular: you programmed your way to a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and you’ve returned from the jungle of entry-level tech with a broad range of system technology experience including some or all of the following: Apache (httpd, tomcat, activeMQ), nginx, mysql, ejabberd, dns, AWS, chef, Netfilter, HA – LVS, nfs; you’re pro with Linux operating systems
- Up to code: you’re an expert with shell, awk, perl, and php scripting and are familiar with the core concepts of object oriented programming; you’ve worked with distributed caching solutions and data grids in the past—Oracle Coherence experience scores bonus points
- Adaptable: you’re at ease in a fast-paced development environment and you’re able to change direction rapidly when priorities shift; experience working with agile methodologies like scrum will put you ahead of the curve
- Player-focused: you love video games (especially League of Legends), and your passion motivates you to work tirelessly to help development teams bring awesome experiences to players
- Innovate creative solutions that will automate systems administration functions
- Assist with Systems Administration of production and development environments
- Help troubleshoot and solve issues with hardware, applications and network components
- Share on-call production systems critical problem responsibilities
- Evaluate and implement hardware and software technologies to improve game efficiency and performance
- Click the button below and don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously. Please also include Systems Administrator (Taipei) | Your Name in the subject line.