Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 32 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
We currently have an immediate opening for a Technical Producer to lead internal development teams on technical projects at Riot Games. Technical Production at Riot Games is about identifying requirements across multiple customers groups (Business, Community, Marketing, Development, etc.), researching how those requirements can be accomplished and ensuring that the technology based development teams meet these goals and manifest in the Product.
- Own portions of League of Legends product management that are focused on technology such as graphics systems, internal tools and PvP.net
- Coordinate and effectively gather requirements with business, community, marketing, design, engineering, and art teams in all phases of game development
- Gather and utilize data effectively to raise visibility and make sound decisions about development team progress
- Coordinate with external partners, internal teams and senior management to make optimal decisions about technical direction
- Drive development efficiency initiatives to improve organizational performance and delivery
- Identifying critical path risks and issues, pulling together teams of people to resolve them
- Facilitate execution either as a Product Owner or Scrum Master on multiple Scrum teams
- Inform and build the feature roadmap for Riot engineering projects and processes
- Organize and oversee daily stand-ups to coordinate sprint team members
- Manage backlogs and work with customers to prioritize them
- A strong technical background, either through advanced Computer Science education, experience as an engineer or technical decision maker
- Must have a track record of demonstrating strong leadership, either formally or informally on a development team
- A rational mind with an understanding of data driven decision-making
- Experience contributing to or running core technology/shared service organizations
- Effective at building relationships with all parts of the business
- Must have strong critical thinking and communication abilities
- 2+ years in the game industry, including a portfolio of successfully delivered games
- 1+ years of experience as a product manager
- Experience with Scrum and/or Kanban practices
- A passion and knowledge of current games, especially League of Legends
- Experience working on or overseeing technical projects in the game development space
- Click the button below and don't forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.