Technical Writer - Bilingual (English/Mandarin)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 32 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
Our rapid growth has created an opportunity for a Bilingual Technical Writer in our Santa Monica, CA office.The ideal candidate will be responsible for documenting all Riot Games software and technology. In addition, this person will be accountable for editing for consistent style, format, terminology, grammar and spelling per Riot Games’ standards.
This position requires advanced knowledge of technical documentation types, documentation tools and processes. The ideal individual must have the motivation and ability to perform critical analysis about how users interact with the software and turn those thoughts into detailed documents and tutorials.
Fluency in English and Mandarin is a must, both oral and written skills.
- Create documentation that is accurate and complete, yet concise and easy to understand for the intended audience
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product Management to gain an understanding of the product and determine the appropriate type of documentation needed
- Proactively research development pipelines and processes in order to create a complete, up-to-date technical documentation suite
- Bachelor's Degree in technical writing, Computer Science, User Experience, or a related field
- 3+ years in the field of technical documentation. Knowledge and understanding of technical writing methods, techniques and formats
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin, spoken as well as advanced writing, editing, and content design skills. Able to write documentation with multi-cultural, multi-skill level and multi-lingual awareness.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft/Adobe documentation tools, including diagramming tools such as Visio
- Must have experience working with B2C applications with large user bases
- Outstanding analytical skills, able to interpret business requirements and use cases combined with an ability to learn complex software applications quickly
- Excellent organization and communication skills with passion for good design and strong attention to detail
- Experience collaborating in fast-paced, cross-functional, multi-tasking team environments
- Self-starter who can work independently
- Click the button below and don't forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.