Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 32 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As VFX Artist, you’ll use your experience as a gamer to identify opportunities to enhance video content in ways that present valuable information and excite players. You’ll use your technical expertise to level up League of Legends videos for internal use, live broadcasts, and release via a YouTube channel with over a million subscribers. You’ll use your knowledge of the latest artistic trends and industry standards to ensure that Riot VFX is constantly pushing the creative boundary.
- A graphics guru: you’re a pro with 2D art and visual effects software such as Photoshop, After Effects, and Motion; experience and excellence creating 3D effects with Maya will earn you bonus points
- A quality colorist: you’ve got a keen eye for aesthetics and can provide slick, creative solutions to problems with exposure and lighting; you’re experienced with color corrections and maintaining quality control standards
- Dual-platform: you’re able integrate your visual effects wizardry into both Final Cut and Premiere workflows and can carry a project through to completion on either platform
- A creative collaborator: you interface seamlessly with Rioters from any discipline, assessing their visual effects needs and working with them to identify opportunities to improve the quality and clarity of their projects
- Player-focused: as a League of Legends player, you know the importance of enhancing videos with exciting visual effects that highlight significant game experiences
- Design, create, and produce onscreen broadcast graphics such titles, overlays, full-screens transitions, and particle effects
- Be involved at project inception, planning badass graphics to supplement video content while it’s still a twinkle in the producer’s eye
- Stay on top of the latest industry trends, advising on hardware and software acquisitions and ensuring that Riot Games’ VFX remains on the cutting edge