Join the Visual Effects Team
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
We’re hiring for multiple levels, from associate to lead, so don’t get hung up on the title; we’re all about the team.
As part of the Visual Effects team, you’ll design and help implement the sleek, dynamic and dramatic special effects that add atmosphere and depth to gameplay. With your experience, you’ll create aesthetically astounding visual effects that communicate essential game information. You’ll use your artistic and technical skills to breathe life into undead spells, channel primal fury and capture the essence of hundreds of champions.
- A visual art aficionado: your brain holds a library of spell effects and the methods you use to create them; your encyclopedic knowledge of visual effects helps you synthesize brand new assets from classic designs
- Versatile: you draw, paint, animate and model with equal proficiency; you live for collaborating across disciplines to hone your skills and push your boundaries
- A proven mentor: you’re an open book of knowledge and experience that team members find easy to read and understand; you resolve conflicts and help manage cross-team relationships
- A problem assassin: you execute your mission with complete autonomy if the need arises; you’re proactive in finding creative and effective solutions to ruthlessly eliminate difficult problems
- Crazy for LoL: as a dedicated League of Legendsplayer, you know which aspects of the game’s visuals can be tricky to navigate, so you’ll create visual effects that help map the way for players
- Collaborate on visual effects with designers, developers and other artists to clearly communicate in-game information while making players’ jaws drop
- Meet deadlines while scaling your work back or ramping up according to the needs of the project
- Turn wild ideas into awe-inspiring reality through visual effects, whether fish swimming through waves or the eerie glowing of freed souls rife for collecting
- Click the apply button below and don’t don’t forget to include a demo reel along with your resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.