Riot Games Video Creation & Use Policy
The content our community creates inspires, informs and entertains Rioters and players alike. We hope to see many more videos using Riot Games and League of Legends content. This handy guide will help you ensure that any video using our intellectual property (such as video images, art, music, sounds and other content) is legit before posting to YouTube, streaming sites like own3D, or just for you and your friends. This policy should allow you to get any video permissions you need from sites like YouTube – and make it clear what kinds of videos are cool with us.
Not-for-profit (unless otherwise called out in this policy!). All videos must be made publically available without requiring payment by a viewer or any other restriction on access. Basically, this means:
- You may not require any payment, survey, download (other than the video itself), or other action to access a video.
- You may place a video on a website that has a paid-for “premium” account option, provided the video is also available to non-paying users.
- You may run ads or other revenue streams that don’t interfere with a user’s access to the video, subject to the “No Licensing” guideline below.
No Licensing. Generally, you cannot license your videos to any third party for a fee or other value without our approval. However, there are important exceptions:
- Partner programs with YouTube or the following streaming websites: own3D.tv, Ustream.tv,Twitch.tv, Justin.tv, Blip.tv (no prior permission from us required).
- For any other licensing of videos by you (such as film festivals, contests or third party broadcasts), express written permission from us is required. Please send all requests to [email protected].
Sponsorships are fine. If you want to display a sponsor’s logo at the beginning of a video, in the credits, or give them a shout out, that’s great. Just a few simples rules:
- Keep any sponsor mentions to a reasonable, minimal length.
- Make it clear (either by mentioning a sponsor or using “sponsored by” with their logo) that they are acting as a sponsor only.
- Do not use the Riot Games (or League of Legends) logos without express permission from us.
- Keep it (relatively) clean. Absolutely no racist, sexist, homophobic, or any other offensive content. We also ask that you keep your videos focused on our games, and away from overtly religious, political or other controversial topics.
- Respect other creators. Other than Riot intellectual property, don’t include content that’s not your original creation unless you have permission from the creator. Don’t feed the lawyers!
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us at [email protected].