Principal Software Engineer - Accounts & Identity
Job Id: REQ-0001880
As a Principal Software Engineer on the Accounts team, you will help lead a team responsible for the front door for all of Riot’s games. This is a passionate team that is providing scalable solutions for protecting our players’ experiences as well as their account information.
The Riot Accounts team provides globally distributed identity services that help power all games at Riot. Your expertise building large-scale distributed systems will partner with your passion to provide secure Account related features that bring value to millions of players across many games.
You will report to the Director, Software Engineering of the Meta Game Services initiative within Player Platform.
- Develop and support our OpenID Connect/OAuth platform used by millions of players
- Support our suite of mission-critical Java, Kotlin, and Node services at a globally distributed scale
- Lead and contribute to technical design and implementation
- Work with us to level-up our systems architecture, infrastructure, quality, and operational capabilities
- Build outstanding system designs to serve millions of players reliably
- Have a deep hands-on understanding of, and be accountable for, the quality and maintainability of your team’s code-base
- Drive collaboration and alignment with various internal stakeholders and teams
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or relevant professional experience
- 8+ years of deep hands-on programming experiences in Java
- Experience as a team lead, implementing software engineering best practices
- Experience developing large systems from scratch, including gathering requirements, designing, and leading the development across multiple contributors
- Experience with distributed systems and maintaining web services
- Prior game development experience at any level
- Understand networking - HTTP down to the network layer (TCP/IP, routing, etc)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).