Software Engineer III - Publishing - GPS Platform
Job Id: REQ-0002328
As a Software Engineer III in Global Player Support (GPS), you will make a direct and measurable impact on Riot's ability to protect the total player experience. GPS Platform powers our player support agent-facing tooling, internal Riot-facing tools, and player-facing self-service systems. If you enjoy solving complex technical challenges at scale, this is the role for you!
- Lead the team’s technical direction to scale our platform to high-volume traffic and multiple customer groups with their own unique requirements.
- Set technical standards for extensibility, robustness, quality, scope, and development efficiency.
- Define and create software solutions with teams across Riot that help GPS to protect the player experience.
You will report to a Software Engineering Manager.
- Contribute code on a regular basis.
- Innovate platform(s) that integrate with hundreds of services and teams across the company.
- Design and build services and frameworks that engineers on partner teams develop within.
- Own and improve the quality and maintainability of your organization's technology stack.
- Set the technical standards and lead projects to achieve low latency and high availability for new and existing services.
- Mentor other engineers through code reviews and technical design reviews.
- Drive collaboration and understanding across a diverse, cross-functional team that contributes to the support and operation of multiple games.
- 6+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
- Expertise in backend service Object-Oriented programming
- Experience leading the requirements gathering, design, and implementation of scalable production web services.
- Experience partnering with managers to determine growth opportunities for other engineers.
- Experience with microservice architecture and RESTful APIs
- Expertise with Java, GraphQL, and cloud service providers such as AWS.
- Experience as a tech lead setting technical direction.
- Experience designing developer-facing frameworks and tools.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).