Manager, VFX - Legends of Runeterra
Job Id: REQ-0003446
As a Lead VFX Artist at Riot you will help hire and coach a group of cross discipline artists, including VFX artists, character artists, and animators, who will bring the Runeterra universe to life. You will help direct the visuals seen in our gameplay experience. You will understand and communicate the needs of your artists to leadership, as well as build meaningful external relationships through collaboration. By understanding your team’s goals you will help establish paths for your artists to achieve their career goals. You will identify strategic art resource needs and promote hiring for all art roles on the team. By being part of the leadership team, you will develop strategies and eliminate obstacles with other leaders across the studio.
Legends of Runeterra (LoR) is our collectible card game featuring Champions from the League of Legends universe. As an Art Lead for VFX, you will lead and work with a talented multi-disciplinary team of artists to realize impactful in-game champion moments that have redefined the bar for the genre. You will continue to build the capabilities and raise the bar for what is possible.
- Accountable for the overall style, storytelling, and quality bar of LoR animation sequences and vfx.
- Deliver feedback to internal and external artists.
- Develop and refine Style and Process Guides
- Refine and evolve the team’s pipeline and foster a collaborative and inclusive team dynamic
- Provide meaningful opportunities for growth and career development of those you manage
- Manage and build great relationships with external partners
- Evolve outsourcing strategies and develop best practices alongside our outsourcing team.
- Demonstrated ability to drive the creation of high quality VFX and animation.
- Extreme proficiency in art fundamentals, storytelling, and timing
- Proven experience leading teams and individuals. Growth minded and motivated towards teaching, enabling, and coaching other artists
- Experience in delivering clear, robust and timely direction to internal teams and external partners
- Ability to convey abstract/sophisticated ideas in a concise way
- Knowledge of the game development pipeline including optimization and implementation
- Familiarity with Unity
- Familiarity with the Legends of Legends IP
- Broad experience across multiple art disciplines
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).