Game Producer II - League, League Service Engineering
Job Id: REQ-0003584
As Producers at Riot, we lead passionate teams to create products and experiences that want to achieve maximum player value. We guide development, smash through obstacles, and push projects across the finish line while making sure that our teams are sustainable and have a great collaborative environment.
As a Producer on the Services Engineering team, you will partner with the Engineering and Tech Leads to guide an SRE-style team in their development of operational standards for League services, maintaining Service Level Objectives, and increasing operational efficiency and service reliability. You will set the product direction, manage the day-to-day work, and be the custodian of delivery processes internal to the team and ensure that collaboration with external teams runs smoothly. You will oversee delivery, building work systems, maintaining execution, and providing initiative leadership with visibility on complex deliverables. You will also ensure the team works at a sustainable pace and continuously improves. You will report to the Service Operations Delivery Lead.
- Lead an engineering team that operates many of the backend services for League of Legends.
- Increase efficiency in how we do development through simplification and standardization.
- Ensure that the services that the team owns continue to operate reliably and meet operational standards.
- Improve work systems, team performance metrics, and goal setting.
- Assess the team's health and composition to ensure that the team is set up for success.
- Create and contribute ideas to areas beyond your immediate ownership across different teams and disciplines.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience with strong technical knowledge, problem-solving skills, and understanding of basic programming concepts.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience leading technical projects on medium to large teams using methodologies like Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience applying Agile and Lean development processes.
- Knowledgeable in Jira use, configuration, and limitations.
- Experience working with SRE, DevOps, or software operations engineering teams.
- Experience working with teams building software for backend services.