Sr. Manager, Content Production - Global Esports
Job Id: REQ-0003606
As the Sr. Manager, Content Production for Riot Esports you’ll be responsible for building the content production team, establishing the production principles that will elevate content quality and leading the team in the process of developing world class content that drives the growth of the worlds largest esports.
Reporting to the Head of Global Esports Creative, you will lead a team of content producers and creative services managers in the process of developing and delivering campaign content. In this role you’ll collaborate across Riot’s entire multi-esport ecosystem to create innovative content of various genres. From the bombastic CG announcement and animated music video to the intimate behind the scenes narrative series and the quick hitting piece of social content you are a creative problem solver and know how to position your creative team for success. You understand what it takes to deliver great creative regardless of medium and know how to establish smooth workflows across multiple teams.
Your passion and expertise in sports, esports, gaming, and video production will be crucial when navigating the many different challenges you’ll face presenting to our global esports audience and you’ll be tasked with delivering the highest quality video content by leveraging both internal and external resources. Your experience as a seasoned project manager, with high-level communication skills and confidence in balancing multiple ongoing productions will help us develop innovative, caring videos for a passionate audience of fans around the world.
- Recruit, manage and lead a team of video craft experts and creative project managers, helping them grow in their careers at Riot per the team’s needs.
- Oversee multiple production projects concurrently, set budgets, supervise every level of content creation with both internal and external partners.
- Maintain a close relationship across Global Esports Product teams and collaborate with designers and publishers to find the best way to introduce and deliver esports content to the world.
- Lead the Global Esports Video Production team’s workflows including hands-on creative development; work directly with creative leads, brand managers, artists, writers, visual designers, producers, sound and visual effects artists; listen and respond to pitches and ensure that only top quality content is delivered to players.
- Develop and nurture a campaign project management discipline and introduce processes that improve team efficiency and foster closer collaboration.
- Facilitate video creation, from ideation to release, and evaluate released productions with a critical eye and a constant desire to make each more effective than the last
- Foster, develop and maintain relationships with top agencies, directors, producers and the production community at-large to keep Video Production in the know and equipped with the most advanced tools and tech
- Deliver quality projects on time and on budget, ensuring that both internal and external partners look forward to working with you again
- Drive toward transparent and efficient cost structures. Partner with finance and legal to create fair but valuable commitments for Riot and its partners while being mindful of player trust. This is the player's money you are spending.
- Experience leading large scale production teams or departments
- Expertise in leading high performing productions on creative campaigns or video productions (TV, Film)
- Deep functional knowledge of video production across multiple mediums: animation and live action
- Global experience working at an international HQ or across different countries/markets.
- Interest in esports, or experience working in sports content and media (organization, leagues, partners, agencies, teams, etc.).
- Agency and/or project management experience at global scale
- Experience developing, managing and growing content pipelines (in-house and agency)
- Fluent in written and verbal English, and fluency in at least one other language would be a plus
- Demonstrated experience managing complex, multi-team projects
- A deep understanding of sports, lifestyle and gaming content trends
- Experience producing large scale multi format projects - video, web, live, etc.
- Experience working in across 3D and 2D animation pipelines as well as live action
- Awareness of how to leverage emerging formats in a sports entertainment context - VR, AR, XR
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.