Engineering Manager - League Data Central
Job Id: REQ-0003573
As an Engineering Manager, you will help lead the evolution of our data systems for Wild Rift. As a leader on the team, you'll run how data engineers, data scientists, and software engineers collaborate and deliver. You'll also serve as a mentor leading performance management, growth opportunities, and accountability.
You will be on the League Data Central team, which is the hub for all Data Science and Data Engineering on League of Legends, Team Fight Tactics, and Wild Rift. The team collaborates on multi-functional projects that range from in-game features to content design to infrastructure. In a world of high-volume and complexity, you will develop products that bring personalized experiences to players, improve our strategy, and refine in-game features. You will lead the Wild Rift pod within League Data Central, supporting all of Wild Rift's data needs. You will report to the Senior Engineering Manager on League Data Central.
- Build great teams and maintain team health.
- Performance management, hiring, and career development for the team members.
- Manage the team's approach to on-call.
- Improve the scalability and reliability of our products.
- Partner with the product management team and help shape the team's vision and processes.
- Oversee the technical design and deliverables of the team.
- Create visibility, clarity and understanding inside and outside the team.
- 5+ years experience as a software or data engineer.
- Experience building reliable, scalable, and maintainable software systems in the big data space.
- Experience building data warehouses and deep knowledge of data modeling and processing techniques.
- Experience as a technical lead providing direction and mentoring engineers on a small team.
- Experience shipping live services powered by machine learning or artificial intelligence.
- Experience building infrastructure in cloud providers like AWS (preferred), GCP, or Azure.
- Written and verbal fluency in Mandarin.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).