Director, Product Management - Riot Game Operations, Leadership
Job Id: REQ-0003640
As a Director, Product Management in Riot Game Operations (RGO), you'll join our effort to make building and delivering player experiences at Riot easy, scalable and sustainable. You will lead a team of experienced product managers and guide efforts to execute the overall RGO product strategy and direction. You will be responsible for the holistic customer journey, and guide and develop RGO Product Managers.
You will foster collaboration among RGO leadership, product managers and our customers and stakeholders to help RGO products and services achieve their maximum potential. You will be RGO's leader on cross-product insights, ensuring products have the information we need to make better decisions, improve customer experience, develop goals/indicators and much more.
You will report directly to the Sr. Director / Head of Riot Game Operations within the Games Pillar.
- Guide and partner with RGO Product Managers on product strategy, establishing a clear definition of what success looks like for each product
- Maintain active understanding of current and potential future centralized product needs, driving awareness and alignment with key stakeholders
- Identify, prioritize, pitch, and drive early foundational development on product choices and opportunities
- Build customers confidence for all RGO product offerings, ensuring each offering scores high on customer satisfaction metrics
- Be the Customer Advocate within RGO, driving a customer-focused culture throughout our products and services
- Manage relationships with stakeholders and customers, communicating key strategic choices and their implications
- Infuse data-driven analytics, human-centered design methodologies, lean startup processes and agile workflows for continuous enhancement of product and service offerings from ideation to operationalization
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of RGO product offerings
- Build a talented, diverse, equitable and inclusive team of product managers and product leaders
- Identify and initiate opportunities for new focus areas and builds teams necessary to execute
- BA/BS Degree
- 12+ years experience in product management or product design
- 8+ years of experience managing product organizations at scale
- 8+ years of experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams including production, engineering, QA, and research
- 8+ years of experience hiring, managing, and developing both individual contributors and senior leaders
- Experience and knowledge of games, relevant gaming audiences, and the game industry
- Cross-group collaboration that drive influence among the senior leaders across a highly-matrixed organization
- Experience recruiting, motivating, and developing a team and establish clear ownership and definition of success
- Experience in a consumer focused technology or entertainment company
- Experience consulting on product lifecycle challenges (research, build, release, refine) and taking the lead for resolving product strategy challenges
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.