Marketing Creative Director II
Job Id: REQ-0003683
Creative Leadership at Riot transforms publishing’s strategic objectives into creative campaigns. Creative Leaders shepherd the skills of creative partners (both internal and external) to generate engaging content that players will love and share. They work closely with Brand Managers, Product Managers, Artists, Business Development, and Video Producers to support and inspire the team through creative problem solving and leveling up the ideas of others.
As a Marketing Creative Director II, you will create content that introduces players to our game, helps them understand what to expect from their gameplay experiences, and gets them excited to play more. You'll own not just the final content but the process that leads to that content and the team that makes it happen. You will collaborate with both internal and external creative teams and production partners to provide world-class creative experiences. You will lead creative campaigns that meet the strategic goals of publishing and the sports team. You'll report to the Creative Leadership in Brazil.
Along with the Creative Leadership, you will also work to ensure the Creative Team is right on track in delivering outstanding creative outputs that fit our brand strategies and KPIs and make sure that the workflow and the team production timelines are healthy and aligned with every team of stakeholders.
- Translate marketing and creative briefs into creative concepts that deliver on business goals.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams of internal and external creative partners (writers, producers, editors, directors, illustration artists, 3D/2D animation, visual designers, music composers, sound designers) to deliver creative.
- Use the knowledge of in-house and external experts to develop the high quantity and quality global digital marketing/user acquisition assets across platforms and social media channels and the development of CGI, digital, and live-action narrative content.
- Contribute to the development of the team's creative vision, bringing different ideas, benchmarks, and what would be the top trending creative outputs on the market.
- Work with creative leadership to shape the creative development process
- Develop and present creative concepts to produce leads and other stakeholders.
- Manage the creative delivery for the team while also pitching in with individual contributor work.
- Plan and optimize team bandwidth across a robust slate of projects from all the teams, ensuring adequate coverage and maximum impact. Contribute to long-range team planning and forecasting, anticipating roadblocks and volume spikes.
- 7+ years experience at an advertising agency, creative media company, or client-side focusing on narrative marketing campaigns that build fan love and drive engagement. Experience conceiving across a variety of mediums and then helping find the right creative partner to bring that vision to life.
- Experience conceptualizing a story from start to finish in a concise, clear, and creative way that stays on brand while remaining authentic to users/players.
- Experience managing the timeline of production, workflow, and external vendors.
- Experience working on entertainment properties (e.g., tv shows, series, movies) or gaming brands (e.g., mobile games)
- Experience with scriptwriting, storytelling, and working on holistic marketing campaigns from creation to final delivery, focusing on social and performance user acquisition marketing.
- Experience working with briefs and stakeholders to create breakthrough ideas catered to the gaming and entertainment communities.
- Understanding, or deep curiosity, of what gaming competitors and top entertainment companies are doing in digital advertising and narrative storytelling to drive acquisition, fandom, and engagement.
- Experience with live events like opening ceremonies, music shows, and other creative events in the entertainment industry and esports events.
- Background as a Visual Designer, Art Director, or Creative director.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and your children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations.
Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
We will support moving costs to Sao Paulo.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.