Senior Software Engineer, Build & Release - Unpublished Fighting Game
Job Id: 4610
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll drive build and automation technology and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
Project L is Riot's League-IP take on a competitive fighting game. As a Senior Software Engineer focused on focused on Build & Release within R&D, you’ll leverage (and grow) the breadth of your knowledge on CI/CD, automation, and game development, to best empower R&D Game Teams. You’ll work in a cross-disciplinary team, and collaborate deeply with Game Teams directly, to grow specific solutions into shared foundations impacting all of R&D. You will report to the engineering manager of the project.
- Design, implement, maintain, and extend the build and automation ecosystem used by many new Riot games, across all platforms
- Take an integral part of a multidisciplinary Core Tech Team to identify focus areas, opportunities, and needs across all Game Teams
- Join forces with R&D Game Teams to empower their workflows, and bring back the result into our shared ecosystem
- Lead and contribute to cross-team architectural designs and standards on build and automation, and implement relevant tools, workflows, processes and systems
- Collaborate with teams throughout Riot to leverage their expertise and solutions, and help shape the technical direction of Riot’s shared game development ecosystem
- 3+ years of experience
- Experience with Build & Automation Systems (e.g. Jenkins)
- General experience with Game Development
- Experience with C#, C++ and Game Programming
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
- Experience collaborating across multiple teams
- Experience with many of the tools in a game developer’s toolbox, and the curiosity and desire to learn even more of them
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.