Senior Software Engineer (Frontend) - League of Legends, Client Team
Job Id: REQ-0003711
Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the League Client Team, you’ll report to the team’s Engineering Manager in our office in Los Angeles. You will make the League Client more performant, improve development workflow efficiency, and reduce application complexity. You'll build and monitor health metrics to be used to increase client stability and reliability. The League of Legends client uses the Chromium Embedded Framework to render major components of the League experience like Champion Select, Player Profile, Collections, Queue Selection, and Lobbies. You can read more about the architecture here.
- Write and review code to make improvements to the League Client front-end
- Work with product owners, designers, and other engineers to create the best possible experiences for players
- Build outstanding system designs, to serve millions of players reliably
- Participate in our team’s on-call rotation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience developing software with C++
- Experience building test automation
- Experience developing large-scale, modular desktop applications
- Experience building applications using the Chromium Embedded Framework
- Expert knowledge of EmberJS or other web frameworks (ReactJS, AngularJS)
- Great sense for UI/UX and experience working cross-discipline with art and visual design
- Experience with Mocha, Webpack, Node.js, ESLint, Babel, CSS preprocessors
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).