Technical Product Manager III - League, League Data Central
Job Id: REQ-0003689
Technical Product Managers combine deep experience with product leadership capabilities to allow Riot to provide essential products and supporting systems to players. You will develop product strategies on Riot's products and technologies while leading diverse teams to provide creative solutions to our most difficult technical challenges.
As a Technical Product Manager for the League Data Central team, you will define strategies and roadmaps in partnership with the Data Product Lead for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Wild Rift's data science and machine learning powered features, data warehousing, and data developer tools. You will partner with teams across League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, Wild Rift, and Central Tech to deliver data products for our players. You will develop and maintain processes that support product delivery and team health. You will report into the Data Product Lead for League Data Central.
- Ensure that the strategy and roadmap for the League Data Central team aligns with the team vision and product direction set by the Data Product Lead, taking into account product and technical compromises between multiple teams
- Define technical requirements and deliver on the roadmap collaboratively with teams across League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, Wild Rift and Central Tech
- Work with and direct the efforts of data scientists, data engineers, and software engineers
- Collaborate with technical subject matter experts to drive best practices in the technology that is built and the software development lifecycle
- Provide inputs and partner with the Data Product Lead in setting future data product investments. Identify technical areas of opportunity for improved operations.
- Lead and manage process for the League Data Central team
- Define and run rituals to ensure clear quality bars are set and technical goals are met
- Manage and inform stakeholders across games
- Monitor and manage League Data Central team health
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with data science and data engineering products
- Experience with data warehousing
- Excellent teamwork, team leadership, communication, and stakeholder management
- Worked with and led agile teams
- Experience developing and operating a live service
- Engineering background, particularly in the data space
- Experience building data science/machine learning models
- Experience in the big data space (e.g., Spark, Hadoop)
- Knowledge of data governance and security best practices
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).