Global Manager, Social Strategy - Strategy
Job Id: REQ-0003764
Riot Games' social channels span across numerous platforms and services to support players all across the globe. They're the primary method of communication with our highly-engaged players, supporting product releases, updates, community feedback and, obviously, memes.
As the Global Manager of Social Strategy (Strategy), you will work with the Global Marketing Player Community team to develop social plans, support efforts, roll-out projects, and coordinate with our International Social teams to execute campaigns around Legends of Runeterra and Teamfight Tactics. You'll uphold best practices, including Player-First communication standards, working within Riot's social ecosystem to manage thoughtful content across multiple social platforms. You'll participate in a community of social strategists, developing playbooks and leading the strategy to ensure we're all working towards the same goals and strategies when we talk to players and fans.
You have experience developing industry-leading social media strategy. You'll help support organizational goals, develop player-focused content, and support our international social teams to ensure content is localized and relevant to players in every region.
The Global Manager of Social Strategy (Strategy) will report to the Senior Manager of Social Strategy on the Player Community team.
- Develop social media content and channel strategy for products within Riot's Strategy Games portfolio and communicate strategy throughout the Global and International social teams
- Work across Community, Brand, Creative, Editorial, Influencer, and PR teams to champion player-first ideas and build globally integrated campaigns and strategies
- Help build a connection with existing players and potential new players, both with organic and paid strategies
- Create strategies that achieve the goals established by Riot leadership
- Develop goals and performance metrics for campaigns, monitor to understand effectiveness of strategy and creative, and make recommendations for continuous improvement
- Work with Riot's Dev and Product teams worldwide to ensure consistency
- Keep an eye on the latest industry trends across gaming and media to help develop a vision for future opportunities to ensure Riot's place in mainstream pop culture
- Advocate for and empower Riot's International social team to help build a thriving internal community of Social Strategists
- 5+ years' experience working in online communities social media, digital marketing, or equivalent
- Experience overseeing projects from kickoff to execution
- Familiarity with social media reporting and using tools such as Spiketrap and Sprout Social.
- Experience working with in-house and agency creative production teams and a strong understanding of balancing the art and science of digital marketing and communications
- Experience with social media services around the world and have developed strategies unique to each (in particular Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Reddit, YouTube, and Twitch)
- Familiarity with Riot Games’ IP and audiences, specifically Legends of Runeterra and Teamfight Tactics
- Experience with developing strategies to localize campaigns for audiences around the globe
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and creating strategies that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.