Publishing Operations, GMC-Shanghai
Job Id: REQ-0004142
Riot Games is now a multi-game studio and next on the list...becoming THE entertainment company of the 21st century. As a result, our Global Marketing Creative Operations team was born to better support all of our Global Marketing Creative needs. And to be truly Global, we are building a GMC HUB in Shanghai.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Operations Lead, GMC-Shanghai, you will report to the Director, GMC-Shanghai Hub. You will partner directly with our GMC-Shanghai team to support the creation of content that introduces players to our games, helps them understand what to expect from their gameplay experiences, and gets them excited to play more. You'll own the processes and systems our creatives use to surprise and delight our players. You will collaborate closely with our GMC Global Ops team to ensure that GMC-Shanghai is connected to our other GMC Hubs.
- Manage the creative talent allocations process
- Develop and maintain databases to track creative allocations
- Forecast upcoming work, develop and support strategies for execution
- Create processes to increase efficiency and collaboration
- Manage the knowledge database for essential policies and best practices
- Develop team rituals across GMC-Shanghai and ensure there is transparent communication with GMC-LA
- Conduct team health check-ins
- Manage Workforce and Partnerships, supporting the evaluation and partnership development with advertising agencies and creative service vendors
- Manage our process for evaluating freelance talent across Art, Audio, Creative Direction, Operations, Production, Video, and Writing
- Manage onboarding and off boarding processes for Agencies, Vendors and Contractors
- Provide visibility and clarity around partnership availability and opportunities across all of Global Marketing Creative
- Bachelor's Degree
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of all facets of Marketing Operations and Production through 5+ years of previous experience at Creative Agencies, Vendors or Game Marketing teams
- Experience collaborating across multiple craft disciplines from Brand, Creative, Communications and Channels
- Level-headed approach to change management, conflict resolution and patience through the fluctuating creative development process
- Fluent in spoken English and Mandarin
- PC, Console, and Mobile games marketing experience
- Expertise with Project Management tools (ie. Airtable, Favro, Smartsheets) and DAMs (ie. Iconik, Brandfolder) for database management, tracking, and archiving.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.