Senior Manager, Audio Services - Creative Department
Job Id: REQ-0004353
As Sr. Manager, Audio Services, you’ll report to the Director, Creative Operations for Central Creative and be responsible for the strategy, execution and growth of our current audio service offerings to meet the growing demand across Games, Publishing, Esports and Entertainment. You’ll collaborate across a multitude of Audio endeavors at Riot, supporting the facilitation, prioritization and execution of services as well as identifying additional areas for support as we continue to grow.
This role will also be responsible for working with our Program Manager to help build out operational pipelines (process, tools, budget, delivery) and coordinating relevant work efforts between Central Creative and our internal customers either by directly executing or coordinating with parties responsible for execution (External Vendors, Contractors, etc.). You will collaborate closely with cross-team partners on projects, ensuring our Central Creative vision is upheld and executed to the highest standard.
- Lead and Manage the Audio Services team including composers, sound designers, and other audio specific roles.
- Together with the Program Manager - Define, Implement and Manage Riot’s Strategy for Audio Services that supports and aligns with Creative Services holistic vision & strategy.
- Collaborate with team members and internal customers to help define the quality bar for audio on products.
- Ensure product partners have necessary audio resources to achieve product goals and maximize output for the audio services team.
- Collaborate with other leaders, products, and audio members to develop & define process, tools & pipeline for efficient workflow.
- Own and maintain Central Creative - Audio Services’ budget
- Maintain relationships with Audio Leaders and Production team members at Riot across game development, marketing, esports and entertainment.
- Vet and establish high quality outsourcing partners and contract resources for projects when needed.
- Set up and drive alignment for ongoing work-in-progress reviews, audio focused reviews, feedback sessions and more.
- Ensure team members are supported and nurtured, providing opportunities for growth in their craft.
- 4+ years as a team lead (or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience) in games
- Development experience in, and deep passion for, audio related work such as audio pipelines, music composition, technical sound design, etc.
- Experience managing other managers and/or ICs.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience) in a related field
- Expert level of communication and collaboration with both internal and external partners
- Experience working with external clients and vendors
- Experience owning and managing budgets
- Highly transparent leader with a strong trust-building mindset.
- Experience working at a Games Studio.
- Experience working with Game Developers, Marketing Teams, R&D and Audio Crafts
- Experience with multiple genres of games
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.