Associate Environment Art Director - Unpublished R&D product
Job Id: REQ-0004390
Associate Art Directors at Riot oversee the quality and management of a team with a focus on Mission, Direction, and Cohesion. Your scope of responsibilities covers the environment world building efforts on an Unannounced R&D Project where you are accountable for your team’s deliverables and artistic quality. These responsibilities include overall culture, performance and growth of your direct reports as the team grows through prototype, pre production and production.
As the Senior Manager, Environment Art Director on an Unpublished R&D Project you'll be accountable for designing, implementing, and maintaining a healthy organizational structure to meet objectives of the product. You will build a vision for and direct a cross-discipline team of developers from around the world to execute the visual direction, quality and cohesion of the world of Runeterra. Initially the role is focused on prototype development where you will be responsible for all aspects of the environment as you determine the creation methods, systems and tools needed to build the world. Additionally, you will find the right balance between creating a beautiful world and the gameplay/product needs. You will report to the Art Director.
- Partner with recruiting to hire world-class artists to build a team that can scale to meet the development goals of the product
- Drive the development of efficient art pipelines
- Create & guide the look/feel of 3D assets required to realize the the diversity of cultures/biomes
- Manage, mentor, and review the work of your team to meet quality expectations and performance standards
- Build outsourcing strategies and necessary documentation to ensure internal and external teams are set up for success
- Create a diverse and inclusive team where all members feel they have a voice and are welcome
- Partner with your Product and Delivery team members to create the right visibility into the team deliverables and velocity
- Experience working with modern game engines such as Unreal, Unity, or proprietary technologies
- 10+ years of industry experience
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Senior or Lead Environment Artist
- 4+ years of management experience
- Proficient skills in 3D/2D Software such as Maya, 3DS Max, Substance
- Experience leading environment art pipelines and workflows
- Experience with a wide variety of current asset generation tools
- Experience working in several tools, pipelines, and game engines
- Strong experience with Unreal Engine
- Development experience creating materials and PBR assets within modern game engines (Unreal, Unity, etc)
- Experience driving a strategy to drive a vision
When submitting your application, please provide a portfolio of your high-quality environment art that you have created or directed - including stylized artwork.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.