Marketing Lead, MOBA - APAC
Job Id: REQ-0004475
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Marketing Lead, MOBA, you will work hand in hand with the Head of Marketing and the broader APAC Marketing Team to spearhead the holistic APAC brand narrative and brand marketing strategy for several titles in Riot’s MOBA portfolio, including League of Legends and League of Legends: Wild Rift.
You love to push convention and have an inspiring spirit. You will lead brand marketing professionals across the APAC region, and collaborate closely with strategic marketing partners like creative, community and channel strategy professionals to implement our marketing strategy to effectively capture the imagination of the APAC audience, driving the next generation of players to our titles.
You will utilize insights, experience, and brand marketing craft to establish and inspire fellow Rioters with a clear vision for our titles, guiding and supporting teams towards delivering incredible levels of player focus in APAC.
- Develop tailored product marketing strategies (including vision, goals, roadmap, and prioritization) for several games and platforms
- Be the key liaison between the global marketing and product teams and Riot's regional publishing organization, advocating for successful outcomes through close collaboration and partnership
- Represent APAC in global product strategy and SMEs groups, speaking to each market’s unique challenges and opportunities
- Maintain a clear direction for Riot’s brand, marketing and content efforts across APAC, ensuring that all all marketing programs are aligned with goals, target audience, and core brand strategy
- Guide successful execution of campaign and initiative development within the team - ensuring outstanding creative experiences that improve standards for marketing across the industry and product vision, identifying and collaborating with the best-in-class agencies to do so
- Set top-level goals and key results for game marketing efforts, work with partner teams to develop measurement plans, guide marketing research, and enhance the team's collective knowledge of our future audience and landscape
- Be a partner in product strategy; advise on market potential, pricing, distribution channels and more
- You will manage a team, initially consisting of 3 Rioters. You will mentor and provide growth opportunities to the team, and collaboratively bringing together leadership across departments
- 7+ years of experience in marketing in gaming, interactive entertainment or related fields, throughout all stages of the production lifecycle of a product or experience
- Experience working across departments and working with executive management
- Good knowledge of marketing disciplines and building cohesive campaign strategy and plans
- 3 years minimum people management experience
- Experience in planning and delivering successful integrated marketing campaigns
- Good understanding of regional/cultural landscape differences and similarities in the gaming communities of APAC
- Up-to-date with the gaming and entertainment industry's newest trends and technologies
- Experience working in nimble and high growth businesses
- Experience working in multiple markets within APAC
- Experience working on the launch of multiple games across a variety of platforms and genres
- Experience working directly with creative, community, and channel-focused leaders
- Fluency in English is a must, but strong bonus points for language capabilities in any of our market’s languages: ex. Thai, Bahasa Malaysia, Bahasa Indonesia, Tagalog, Japanese, Hindi, Vietnamese or Chinese
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
It is the policy of Riot Games Services Pte. Ltd. and each of its affiliates (collectively, “Riot Games”) to provide equal employment opportunities for employees and applicants for employment. Riot Games does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, marital status, family responsibilities, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by the laws of your jurisdiction.