Senior Business Operation Manager - Esports, China Publishing
Job Id: REQ-0004478
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player‐focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game and most watched Esports in the world, players and fans form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the gaming and Esports experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor‐sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Business Operation Manager - Esports, China Publishing, you'll drive to achieve ambitious goals, keeping projects on-track, managing diverse stakeholders and being a gatekeeper of fans' experience across Esports in China. Drawing on your project and product management skills, you'll build and execute ironclad product and operation campaigns plans that include milestones and deliverables but are flexible enough to allow room for risk and change. Your experience in servant leadership, humble confidence, and social grace will help you mentor teams and peers as you partner with fellow leaders to foster an open, transparent development environment.
You will assist to conduct the yearly Esports product plans to think how to convert Esports influence to game growth. You will be the one who helps to deliver the Esports in-game contents and campaigns from the very start to its publishing. You will help to initiate new opportunities for Esports and game collaboration. You will cooperate with global and local partners to deliver the best experience to our fans. You will report into the Esports Publishing Lead on the China Publishing team.
- Provide market insight and observation to team for better understanding of players’ needs and potential growth opportunities
- Help to initiate new Esports & game growth opportunities
- Be the project managers of in-game content and campaign production and publishing
- Be the ambassador of Riot Esports plans, ensuring a high-quality bar for long-term holistic experiences
- Work with versatile teams including product, game publishing, creatives, Comms, PR, GR, Esports and delivery professionals
- 2+ years of experience in production, publishing or game events
- Professional experience in game, esports, or entertainment
- With profound knowledge of moba or mobile Esports
- Experienced in managing projects with cross-functional teams and external vendors
- Has at least one job/work to show a prominent taste of creative
- Strength in logical thinking and problem solving
- For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Fluent in English as could built solid argument via communication both verbally and in writing
- A team player
- Being resilient when facing changes and challenges
- Don’t be afraid to get hands dirty
- Experience in global products or worked in more than one country
- Experience in deliver in-game products/campaigns
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.