Software Engineer: Performance - VALORANT
Job Id: REQ-0004443
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll be exposed to both new and current technology while building innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and deliver player value.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a Software Engineer on the VALORANT team you are responsible for helping Riot build and continue to deliver great player experiences. You will work to help optimize the experience of VALORANT to ensure smooth performance on the lowest of low spec PCs and to push the limits of new and future hardware.You will report to the Engineering Manager of the project.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Art and Design teams to realize VALORANT’s performance goals
- Use telemetry and profilers to identify trends in game performance.
- Build tools and technology to improve the performance of VALORANT
- 2+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
- Bachelor's, Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant professional experience
- Expertise with C++
- Experience working on performance for large-scale applications or games
- 4+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience working on a AAA game team
- Experience supporting a live service-driven game
- Experience working with Unreal
- Experience with automated performance testing
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).